I had my heart broken and this is what came out of it :
1) I wrote 200 + love letters
They remain unsent and I’ve compiled them into a book titled ‘The Unsent Letters’ - One day, I may give this to her. I don’t know.
2) I wrote her poetry
I wrote lots of it. She never read them because I never dared send them. They are locked away in my desk drawer.
3) I wrote her songs
I don’t know if I’ll get my EP out this year but maybe I will. If I do, I will dedicate it to her. They are of her.
4) I started painting again
The first images that went on canvas were of her.
The inspiration behind all of this is a great woman. No, she did not cheat on me. We never really got to that point of ‘being together’ but I loved her with such a passion that would put the fire within the sun to shame.
We were both perhaps at the wrong place and at the wrong time. And yet, even so, my heart chose to love her. It wasn’t anything forced. It wasn’t anything that I could control. I just loved her.
With her departure from my day to day existence, I decided to move forward with all the things that I want to do and in a way, I decided to take her advice.
She never really asked me for anything but when she had to go, she did tell me to live each day of my life as if it was my last. And in honor of her, that is what I have done.
1) Cuddle with someone under the sheets.
2) Curse out the weather forecasters because they’re always bloody wrong with their reports.
3) Sleep in and not have to work tomorrow.
4) Have someone bring me hot chocolate while I’m in bed.
5) Have movie marathon in bed and not have to finish my reports.
6) Have wild-crazy-hot sex under the covers so I’ll no longer be cold.
1) I am lonely
2) There is something wrong with me
3) I masturbate a lot
4) I must be a social recluse
5) I am not over my ex
I can’t remember the number of times women have asked/ said this to me but if I had a dollar for every single time then I’d have enough to buy an island to banish them to! ARGKH! Who the fuck makes up these stereotypes?!